• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading from old versions

Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2007 Jul 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A colleague and I have just received new PC's. They came with Microsoft Office 2003 pre-installed. Previously we were using Robohelp 2002 with MS Office 97. When I tried to install RH2002 on our new PC's it failed as the new MS Office was incompatible. So, we purchased upgrades to RH6. When I tried to install the upgrades that fails because we don't have an old version of RoboHelp installed. The installer prompts for a serial number/key for RH X5, which we don't have. I spoke to Adobe Tech support who said I needed to talk to Customer Support, who said I should talk to Tech Support......
At the moment I can't install my old RH because of MS Office 2003, so I can't upgrade to RH6 which I need to support MS Office 2003. Has anyone ecountered a similar problem in the past? What it Adobe provide as the solution?
TIA
Mick Mathers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 10, 2007 Jul 10, 2007
Problem sorted. Adobe Tech support provided what they called a dummy X5 key.
Thanks for the help.

Mick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mick and welcome to the RH community. You may not like to hear this but all you needed to do was download the RoboHelp X5.0.2 patch from the Adobe website that supports Office 2003. The original version of RHX5 didn't. Try installing this X5 patch first and go from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Colum.
We don't have the X5 version of RoboHelp.
We have RH2002 and RH9.2
Neither of these have support for MS Office 2003.

Mick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They don't have X5 Colum.

Mick, you could be in trouble here. You can upgrade from any version. I am not sure if you have to go via Support if it is earlier than X5 but the issue here is that you don't have your 2002 serial number to start with. The link below tells you what to do but because your version is outside the parameters, it maybe that Adobe cannot help you if you did not register.

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_15292&sliceId=1

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter.
I have the original installation CD's for both products including the serial numbers.
You are correct that we didn't register them.
I did try entering the RH2002 serial number when prompted for the X5 key, but it was rejected (as I expected it to be).
There must be a way forward.

Mick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops! I didn't read the original post too clearly did I! Peter's advise is the best way forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think as long as you have the serial number, you should be OK.

Go back to Customer Service, follow the link I gave for the number.

Point out you can upgrade from ANY version but the software will only accept X5 numbers. Don't be told you can only upgrade from the previous version.

Come back if you still cannot get anywhere and I will take it up with one of my Adobe contacts.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2007 Jul 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Problem sorted. Adobe Tech support provided what they called a dummy X5 key.
Thanks for the help.

Mick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp