• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CE-COPY_NOT_ALLOWED - No permission to copy the book

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own a Kobo and I just got a Nook Glowlight.  I tried to copy a book using Adobe Digital Editions 3.0 to the Nook and it gave me this error CE-COPY_NOT_ALLOWED - No permission to copy the book.  It was a book from the library and I have never had a problem with them before.  I then tried to copy a book I already own (I had a Sony Reader for 5 years so I have an extensive ebook library) and it gave me the same error.  I was able to copy both to the Kobo.  I called Nook tech support and they said I had to contact Adobe. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2014 Jun 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replaced my older mac with a new one and had all my data migrated, now I have the same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J'ai le même problème. j'espère que quelqu'un chez Adobe pourra nous aider.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anybody ever figure this out?  I got a new computer and loaded ADE 4, but nothing worked - not even the default bookshelves.  After seeing the same thing in many forum posts, with no answers, I loaded 2.01 instead because I had to go back to that edition from 3 when I originally got my Nook Glowlight, just to get it to work to start with.  Now I can see my shelves and books, including the one from the library, but I get this same error when I try to load it to my Nook.  This is extremely frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 11, 2015 Jul 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok - in case this helps anybody else.... After combing the forum and reading anything that even seemed to partially pertain to the issue and also have a hint at an answer, I cobbled together some things to try.  I plugged in my Nook and deleted the .adobe-digital-editions folder (I actually just renamed it just in case), unplugged my Nook, opened ADE and reauthorized the Nook.  That still didn't solve the problem, so I deauthorized the computer (ctrl-shift-d) and reauthorized that as well.  Based on a partial answer I saw in another thread, I guessed that the book I had already checked out probably still wouldn't work, and I was right, but I successfully checked out, downloaded and transferred a new book.   I hope that this might help somebody else!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines