• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3 annoying changes in CFBuilder 3

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2014 May 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are 3 changes from CFB2 to CFB3 that are pretty annoying and I am wondering if anyone has a fix?

1. Word-wrap has seemed to have disappeared. It is no longer in preferences in the same place, nor any other that I can find? I have found an eclipse plugin to take care of this for now, but wondering if there is an official way to do this within CFB3 or was this an Aptana feature that Adobe decided not to implement in their rewrite? I would think word-wrap to be pretty basic functionality in an editor...
  2. In Outline View I always set the filter to CFFUNCTION only. When using cfscript based components, the outline view is polluted by any javadoc comments you may have. There is a new toggle button available: "Show Function Only" but it defaults to off and so you continually need to click this button for every cfc you have open to hide the mis-parsed comment detritus. Very annoying. There must be a way to either remove these comments altogether or at least have that toggle feature stick to on?
  3. Continuing in Outline View: there now seems to be a maximum viewable width to display functions. The view now truncates function names with an ellipsis no matter how wide you make the Outline View. This makes the view completely unusable with longer function names... especially where those function names begin similarly... I cannot find any settings to alter this?

I am running CFB3 as a plugin on 64-bit Kepler on Win 7 and Win 8.1 64-bit.

Andy K

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2014 May 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone interested in the Kepler wordwrap plugin, it is here:

http://dev.cdhq.de/eclipse/updatesite/kepler/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Leftbower, thank you for the tip on word wrap plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2014 Jun 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you completely regarding the outline view. It absolutely needs to persist its settings per file. Having to re-apply the sort filters every time you open a file is a real drag. I know the outline view in 2 worked correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2014 Jun 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another bug in outline view popped up today: if you have a tag-based cfc with some functions between cfscript tags, they are not listed in the outline. It's a very rare situation to have this kind of combo cfc, but it's a CFB3 parsing bug nonetheless.

The truncation of function names continues to be a constant pain for us though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation