Exit

file upload on a form + revising a booking

Contributor ,
Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have a couple of BC issues that I'm not clear on as follows:

1. If I put a file upload button on a web form, will the contents of the file be encrypted while it's being transferred to the server?
  2. I've created some crm fields that are used on an events booking form. The fields allow the person registering for the event to add guests to their booking. My question is, if a person makes a booking and adds a few guests and the booking goes through successfully, can that person come back on another day and add another guest to their original booking using the original email address that they used to book the first time?

I'd be really grateful for any advice.

Thanks

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. BC is quite secure, you can send the form through the secure url if you want to.

2. When you say book guests do you mean you just added custom fields to the form or the actual booking number field because by default BC does not store extra booking people into the CRM nor their details.

By default a booking form is the person that filled in the form. You have an not well documented input field to say number of people attending but that is it. With this the person that filled in the form always is booked in, so they can not go to the same event and fill it out again because BC will see them as already attending.

At Pretty we have bookings sorted though. We can book multiple people and have them go into the CRM, we can have the person filling out the main booking attending or not, multiple bookings and more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply,

I just added in a crm form containing fields for 10 extra guests and then used jQuery and an "Add a guest" button to get it working and to update the amount field. So the person who made the booking is invoiced but then they have a number of guests against their order. From what you're saying, the original person making the booking can't go back on another day and add further guests since they have already booked in using their own email address. Is that right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep that is right. I do not know anyone else out there that knows how to get around that but we do that here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok thanks for the advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines