• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp to PDF

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to export my robohelp file to PDF. However, when I go in to generate the PDF version, some of the links do not look the same way as they do in robohelp or in a HTML version. They all work, but some of them have longer lines underneath the hyperlink.

I have double checked under the HTML version  and in the hyperlink properties that there are no extra spaces in the hyperlinks and they still appear this way in the PDF version. Any ideas how to fix this formatting issue? Thanks.

screen shot.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2014 Jul 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the first step would be to create a Word document instead of a PDF and see if that has the same problem.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No issues in a word document. I also tested it by creating a separate word doc with a hyperlink and then creating a PDF version to make sure there was no error with the PDF creation software. Everything looked good there, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Rh and how are you creating the PDF? If it is other than the PDF add-in that ships with Rh, what PDF tool and which version?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Robohelp 11. When I go in and create it through the "PDF for Review" it appears in the layout that I want but it has the issue of the hyperlinks being underlined too far.

But when I go in to create a PDF version through printed documentation, the link underlining issue goes away. However, I am having some strange repetition of certain pages...

screen shot 7.1.png

As you can see, the "Tips for Navigating within Report Center Help Overview" heading is repeated as well as the page itself. This is only occuring for this page and the Entitlement and Access page. The rest are ok... I would use the printed documentation PDF version if I could resolve this issue. Or I would use the PDF for review function if I could resolve the underlining issue for the hyperlinks.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PDF for Review is not really an output intended for final distribution. The Printed Documentation output is designed for that.

Of course, just like eating raw cookie dough, you are always free to do what you want with things. (such as using the PDF for Review as an output)

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp