Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting PDF files to html

Jul 09, 2007 Jul 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to convert a number of .pdf files into html format for a webhelp project unfortunately when I convert them it makes several html pages unlike the MS word files which just produce one long page.
I have downloaded a trail version of Adobe Acrobat 8 which allows you to convert the files into html but it does not hold the formatting of the original document and in one case some of the fonts turned white and you could not see the text. (I don’t seem to get this when converting MS Word documents)
Is there anyway that individual html pages can be joined?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Molaa

That's normally the way a conversion to HTML format works. Normally in the world of HTML, you want your information on several smaller "bite size" chunks. I suppose if you honestly want it all on a single page, you could perform a copy/paste to put it all together after it gets converted to HTML.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rick,

You are correct I just want the data on one long page. Is it possible to do a copy and paste in html? If this can be done can you tell me how - I did to open a converted page in MS Word copied the content of another html page and then pasted it into the MS Word version but I lost the format .

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
If you must cut and paste, select everything within the BODY tags (but not the tags themselves), and paste that content in the appropriate area of the container file.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp