Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making Drop-Down Text Drop Up

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all.

Easy question with hopefully an easy answer.

Is there a way to make the drop-down text appear above the linked text instead of below? In other words, can I turn it into drop-up text?

Thanks.

-Ryan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2014 Jul 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, flip the screen 180 degrees. Sorry but there's no way I have seen posted. On the usability front, it is not something I have seen anywhere and the usual advice is not to go against established conventions. That however is your call.

I guess it could be done but would require editing the supplied javascript files.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter-

That's the answer I suspected (but not the one I hoped for). For what it's worth, I agree with your advice about sticking with conventions but this is one of those outside cases where the other way makes sense. I have an image inside a frame that's at the bottom of a window. In this case, dropping down works but "dropping up" would probably look better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a bit more complicated. Rh adds the drop down text as a div below the paragraph that holds the hyperlink. It then simply shows or hides the text. You must therefore play around with css positioning to get this to work (not recommended), or you must move the location of the drop down text holder above the current paragraph either manual or with a script.

Unless you want the drop down content to appear as an overlay or a pop-up. In that case you need to rewrite quite a bit of the underlying code of the drop-down.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp