• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a MacBook Pro. I cannot install the Flashplayer updates. Help!!!!!!

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot install the Flashplayer updates.  Whenever I attempt, I keep getting an error message that says the installation won't continue; until I close Safari.  Well, when I quit Safari, and press retry; I get an error message stating that the installation can't happen, at this time.  I don't want my computer exposed, due to having an out of date version.  I need help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 01, 2014 Jul 01, 2014

You need to close the Safari process, not only the browser window.

If you don't know how, restart your Mac, then run the downloaded installer before doing anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you trying to install the software? you may try the archived version. try installation of flash player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2014 Jun 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive me for being so clueless, but what do you mean by how I am trying to install it?  When my computer prompted that it was time for an update, I clicked on the icon to begin installation.  Once installation starts, what I explained above is what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2014 Jun 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just received a pop up, telling me that it's time for an update again.  I copied and pasted the info from the pop up.

Here it is:

1. To proceed, open your download folder to find the Adobe Flash Player Installer <filename>.dmg.
  2. Double-click on the installer to complete the installation. For additional help, click here.

I followed directions, and the same thing happened.  It stopped installing, because it said I needed to close Safari.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2014 Jul 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to close the Safari process, not only the browser window.

If you don't know how, restart your Mac, then run the downloaded installer before doing anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2014 Jul 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, very much.  It worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can find at FQA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2014 Jul 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I tried what Pat said, and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines