Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Authentication Failed

Jun 29, 2014 Jun 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having all sorts of problems with Adobe Flash Player.

I am new to Windows 8 so that doesn't help, things are hard to find on here.

I have tried to install flash on my laptop after having a problem watching video content on SkyGo.  When trying to watch something I get an error message saying Flash Player Authentication Failed.

I have tried the few fixes I have found for this and they didn't work so I have tried to re install Flash Player.

I go through the complete installation and it appears to have worked.  I then try to find the program and can't find it.

It appears in my control panel but not in applications under the start menu, so I can uninstall it but not open it.  I search my computer for it and it gives my no results.  There doesn't even seem to be a Flash Player program folder.

This is driving me nuts.  I have tried all the suggestions on the help page and a few forum suggestions but nothing seems to work.

It doesn't help that I have to Google everything to find out where things are on Windows 8.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2014 Jul 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is a browser add-on, not an executable program - you won't find it under your installed programs or the Start menu.

What browser are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive tried Firefox, Chrome and IE.  One of the fixes I saw on a thread was to right click on the Flash Player and complete some actions, so I was looking for the program to try this.  I'm guessing the actions are under the plug in on the browser I'm using.  Does this sound right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here are some basic information:

Make sure that the Shockwave Flash plugin/add-on is enabled in all browsers.

If you still get that problem, please post a screenshot of that message: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1070933

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines