Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem Exporting to Word Using Robo6 Trial Version

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2007 Jul 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
When I export my HTML Help project to Word using RoboHelp 5 the export generates a multitude of (xe mergeformat) tags. Importing the Word doc back into RoboHelp 5 is seamless: my books and topics are maintained. This does not happen when I use the trial version of RoboHelp 6. The xe mergeformat tags are not created and when I import back into Word, the result is a bit of a mess. I called Adobe support and the support person was kind enough to test this for me. When she exported to Word using RoboHelp 6 the Word document included all the xe mergeformat tags. We walked through the steps she used to export to Word and they were identical to the steps I had completed. We came to the conclusion that the trial version of RoboHelp 6 did not completely support the export to Word and back to RoboHelp 6 functionality. Can this be true? Has anyone else encountered this problem? The ability to export to Word from RoboHelp and import Word back in to RoboHelp is vital to our process.
Thanks for your help!
Maris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2007 Jul 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I think it is a Word setting that you have different. Try turning off things like View Fields.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp