• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 14.0 installer failure: Seriously????

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried for weeks to update to 14.0, receiving cryptic failure messages ("failed to register").

I uninstalled 13.<mumble> via the Windows control panel and attempted to install 14.0, which

still failed. Hrmph.

Today, a page I really need to see requires Flash Player, so I let IE try again. This time around,

I got the message

Error '1041': No further information is available.

So I tried to find a support number, and got referred to this forum instead. A search on "error 1041"

in the forum shows discussions going back to version 11.<mumble> along with people still seeing

uninformative error messages.

If I supported my products this way, I would be asking customers "You want fries with that?" in very

short order.

Yes, I've tried all the suggestions (no, Task Manager does not show any Flash-related processes;

no, there is no earlier version of Flash Player on this system; no, I've been using computers since

1969 and have no patience with nonsense so I won't wave a chicken over my head in the dark of the

moon).

Has anyone had any success with installing 14.0????  What did you do to succeed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are having a problem downloading Adobe Flash Player 14 in Safari and it won,t complete the last step i.e. the spinning beach ball, try this:

Go to this website:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.ht ml#main-pars_headin...

Go to Troubleshoot Flash Player download issues

Download from the Direct link

Click (here) to download Flash Player

I tried for an hour or more on different solutions without avail, and this link did the job for me. Let me know if it works for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rich alderson wrote:

I've tried all the suggestions

Did you try using the MSI installer http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_14_active_... ?

That's the suggestion I have posted for "failed to register" errors in this forum for at least one year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 17, 2014 Jul 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, thank you!!!

This worked like a champ.  I have spent a couple of days trying  adobe's solutions and suggestions, but none worked.  This did.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have uninstalled all previous versions of flash player from your system before trying to install new ones haven't you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just recently updated to Flash Player 14.0 and I'm using FF 30.0.  I always save the file to my downloads folder before running it.  I encountered two errors (same one twice) while installing the update.  I'm a Web and Software Developer.  I have Visual Studio installed and the Just-In-Time Debugger caught them, displaying the following error message:

"An unhandled exception ('Script Breakpoint') occurred in install_flashplayer14x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe [1924].

The Just-In-Time debugger was launched without necessary security permissions. To debug this process, the Just-In-Time debugger must be run as an Administrator. Would you like to debug this process?"

After declining to debug the process twice, the installer completed successfully and so far, Flash Player 14.0 has been working fine.  If you are still unable to install version 14.0, I suggest just using the previous version until Adobe gets this fixed.  You can download previous versions from here:  http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aerokh wrote:

"An unhandled exception ('Script Breakpoint') occurred in install_flashplayer14x32au_mssd_aaa_aih.exe [1924].

Use the offline installers instead:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines