• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The best approach to write more than 1 Lakh data into an Excel Sheet.

Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

In one of my application I need to generate report in Excel file where data contains huge,more than one lakh. Currently I am querying this from database and looping through a cfoutput tag to write data into an excel sheet. But the problem with this method is Timeout issue or java heapsize is very less.

I think this is a drawback of coldfusion to write data in to Excel sheet. Right?? .  In this time we need to depend on Java to write huge data into Excel sheet.

Why we cant achieve this in ColdFusion , eventhough CF is built on Java platform.

Any one have any suggestions or any thoughts on this.Please share.

Your timely help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2014 Jul 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That Coldfusion itself is a Java application has one advantage. You can transfer all the Java code you now use to Coldfusion, with few or no changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2014 Jul 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So You agree that this is not possible in Coldfusion (writing more than 1 Lakh data into an Excel Sheet) without java help. So I think no other way. Am i right??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2014 Jul 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was neither agreeing nor disagreeing. You asked for suggesions, and I gave you one. By the way, how much is 1 Lakh in bytes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2014 Jul 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes BK .... I am not arguing here. Sorry if u felt so.....

I think 1 Lakh data may come around more than 5MB approximate.

I was trying to implement some re-usable function in coldfusion to write huge data into Excel Sheet.

So here let me ask u one thing , cant we do this in ColdFusion without any time out error or Java heap size issues??. If possible can you please guide me to create re-usable method in coldfusion , if not possible then also I would like to seek your help to write a method which uses some java code to write huge data into Excel sheet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't feel you are arguing. We are just discussing.

Could you show us the ColdFusion code you are using to write the Excel sheet? We will then share ideas on how to improve it, if that is possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation