• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Version 14.0.0.125 Beta

Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, first time caller...

I've successfully downloaded v.14.0.0.125 msi (from - Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe) in readiness to package for deployment to my corporate clients. No problems here, I've done this many times.

What my question relates to is that when I test it, the version returned is a beta version. Given that I'm deploying to many, I did not think that a beta version would be able to be downloaded from the above.

So, which is correct? Is it really a beta version, or is it a distributive version, or is there another version 14 that isn't a beta available?

Or am I just barking up the wrong tree here?!

Many Thanks,

Neill.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 03, 2014 Jul 03, 2014

Thank you for the details.  I went to the Flash Player test page, and yes: I got exactly the same message.

Two things are wrong:

1. I don't have the beta installed
  2. the latest version is definitely not 12.0.0.77

I will alert the Flash Player team about this.  It may take a few days to have this corrected, as this week Adobe's offices are closed.

I would say to go ahead and deploy the 14.0.0.125 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player 14.0.0.125 is the latest release version; what makes you think that the MSI is a beta version?

The current beta version (from http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer.html) is 14.0.0.139, and there are only EXE, no MSI installers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 03, 2014 Jul 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Pat.

When I run the verify from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html, what is returned is...

"Congratulations, your computer has the latest Flash Player beta version installed. (Your version 14.0.0.125 Latest version 12.0.0.77)" - This is on a Windows XP SP3 machine.

The timestamp of the digital signature is 28th May 2014 21.51.29.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the details.  I went to the Flash Player test page, and yes: I got exactly the same message.

Two things are wrong:

1. I don't have the beta installed
  2. the latest version is definitely not 12.0.0.77

I will alert the Flash Player team about this.  It may take a few days to have this corrected, as this week Adobe's offices are closed.

I would say to go ahead and deploy the 14.0.0.125 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to be of 'help'!

I'll go ahead with this version. Thanks for your assistance, Pat, much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines