• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH11 EULA Issue

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 30-day trial of RH11 is about to expire, so I need to decide what to do.

I am our company's only help author, but I use RH11 on my computer at the office, on a computer at home, and on my laptop when travelling.

I looked for, but couldn't find, information on how the RH11 EULA addresses what must be such a common use case.

Any suggestions?

TIA...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

To my knowledge, RoboHelp may be installed on any number of computers. What counts, is how many "Activations" you may have at any given moment. And I believe that number is TWO. So theoretically, you could install it on all three machines, but only activate it on two of them. If you needed to use it on a third, you would then deactivate it on one of the machines and RE-activate it on another.

But here's the kicker. You are limited to the number of times you can de-activate and re-activate before you are then forced to call Adobe and work through the process a different way.

I stand to be corrected here, but if you needed it active on three machines, you need two separate licenses.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick. But I have just one thing to say: Argh....

In this world of mobile work forces, it wouldn't seen unlikely that an individual developer would be working from the office, from home, and from the road.

I'm certainly hoping Adobe (an employer of many programmers who probably operate the same way) is sensitive to that in their EULA.

DB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure from Adobe's viewpoint, two licenses is more than sufficient, as you are able to have the work machine and a laptop that could be used anywhere else.

It is what it is and all I can be is a messenger! Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2014 Jul 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are allowed two activated installations. So put it on office pc and

activate. At home you can install on both but activate on one only so say

activate on pc. To activate on laptop, deactivate on pc, then activate on

laptop. It is a quick and easy process.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2014 Jul 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmm. I actually posted this about the same time Rick replied. It looks like the relay station on Neptune was a bit slow.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp