• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

highlight searched index term in webhelp

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2007 Aug 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Support suggested I bring this question to the forum because the solution requires coding changes.

RH HTML 6, generating WebHelp: I want to have an Index Keyword highlighted when I select one of the topics listed for that keyword. Example: An index keyword is "Inventory," which appears in three topics (or only one - it doesn't matter). I select the topic and it is displayed. What I want is for that keyword to have a highlighted background, typically yellow, within the topic. This allows users to quickly locate the keyword. It's also a very common standard - even RH6's own help has this feature.

I understand this requires some code-crunching. Please let me know what code needs tweaking, and where it's located.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

I don't see that feature with RH's own help, at least not in the Index. Do you mean the Search?

An index keyword does not have to be a word that appears in the topic so a highlight feature might be difficult.

If you do mean Search. Take a look at my site. There is a method there.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Yes, I know an index keyword doesn't have to be in the topic, which makes the whole exercise rather interesting. This was asked by someone who was looking at a beta version of the online help and asked about the possibility of having index keywords highlighted in the selected topic.

The statement that it is possible, albeit not easily, was given to me by the adobe help desk, who also said to post here and they would respond. Of course, I welcome responses from folks like you as well.

(I tried to open your site (www.grainge.org) but it wasn't working.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Adobe do not themselves normally post in the forum. Are you still saying the index highlighting works in RH's own help? I suspect they are talking about indexes and thinking about searches, but we'll see.

The site is up and running so I think it was just a temporary glitch.

Let us know if you do get it working please.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp