• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My master pages have disappeared from the View menu in Frame Maker and I can't get to them. View does show body pages and reference pages.

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2014 Jul 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Master pages went missing from my FrameMaker 12 setup about 4 days ago. I can see body and references pages. I have tried reinstalling. The master pages are missing from all of my FrameMaker documents, absolutely all of them. I have done two new installations of FM 12, no fix.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your setting for View> Menus? Complete or Quick?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked my documents, and View > Menus > Complete is the answer. Nothing is set to Quick. All are set to View > Menus > Complete. Thank you for that question. It was something I could check out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 06, 2014 Jul 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the old shortcut still work? [Esc, v, M plus its close kin Esc, v, R for Reference pages and Esc, v, B for Body pages – all case-sensitive]

Also, does "missing" mean you select View master pages and get a blank screen? while double-checking the view shortcuts, I discovered this can be replicated by turning off borders [Esc, v, b] in Master page view … if you happen to be using a Master page layout with no header or footer. But I have also, occasionally, ended up with blank master pages even when they should have had content. It's a mystery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2014 Jul 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the Master page can be seen using the keyboard shortcut that Niels suggests, then try a different Workspace. The menu items are tied in to the current Workspace and the Review workspace doesn't have the Master pages listed on the View menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines