Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Watermark in trial version

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2010 May 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

I have just downloaded the trial version of Premiere Elements 8, and successfully created a video that looks good on the screen before rendering.  After rendering, the "watermark" covers every frame of the video (30 minutes in length) completely.  In other words, I can't see my video at all after rendering, though the audio is present.  When I play the video, all I see is the watermark for the full 30 minutes. 

I understand the need to watermark videos created with the trial version, but if I can't see any part of the final results, I won't be purchasing the product.  Did I do something wrong?  How can I see the rendered video?  I don't care if there is a watermark every few frames, but I would like to evaluate the rendering quality, and can't do that if I can't see the rendered video at all.

Thanks,

Don

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don,

Welcome to the forum.

For removal of the watermark from a Project, please see this FAQ Entry.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying, Bill, but I had already read that FAQ entry, and it didn't address my problem.

To repeat what I said in my first post, the problem was that the watermark was the only visible part of the entire video.  The video I created could not be seen at all after rendering, only the watermark could be seen.  The rest of the frames were black.

Anyway, I found the answer myself.  Somehow the opacity of the entire video was set to 0%, making only the watermark visible in the rendered video.  Changing the opacity to 100% fixed the problem.

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution to this problem was to make sure the opacity of the video is set to 100% before rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2010 May 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don,

Thanks for the clarification. While I have not used any of the trial versions, the references to the watermark indicated that it was pretty small, though obviously doing its job at limiting the use.

Now I understand your consternation, and am glad that you found the issue, and sorry that I missed your issue.

Hope the trial goes well for you,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something, likely your project preset, is not matching your footage.The watermark should be just a band across the centre of the output - not the whole frame.

Give us more informatiom about your PC, Camcorder and footage. Start here: Got a Problem? How to Get Started

Cheers,
--
Neale
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2011 Jan 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

URGENT HELP NEEDED!  I made a video with the trial version, then purchased the software expecting that the watermark would go away.  I followed the instructions that Bill referred to above, but it didn't work!  Any ideas?  I urgently need to remove the watermark, and it's way too much work to recreate my video.

THANK YOU!

Irene

http://www.ireneabdouphotography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2011 Jan 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

URGENT HELP NEEDED!  I made a video with the trial version, then purchased the software expecting that the watermark would go away.  I followed the instructions that Bill referred to above, but it didn't work!  Any ideas?  I urgently need to remove the watermark, and it's way too much work to recreate my video.

THANK YOU!

Irene

http://www.ireneabdouphotography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2011 Jan 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Irene,

I assume that you have entered the serial number. Please let me know the operating system you are working on (Mac/Windows).

-Akshat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 23, 2011 Feb 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ewww the watermark is in the middle of the screen? Is it not movable? Like to the top or bottome would have made it more tollerable.

Sale lost due to all I keep seeing is a watermark in the midle of everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. The watermark is located in the middle for a reason - to produce watermarked video from the trial version. This makes it tough for someone to just Crop it out, or cover it up with a bug, or similar Title.

The removal of the watermark, once the program has been purchased, is covered in the FAQ Entry, linked above in Reply # 1.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand but see all there is is the big ass water mark right through the middle. You can't see any thing else. Just the water mark. I'm not going to fool around with a trial that I can't use. It's like watching a movie but your sitting behind chubacca from Star Wars.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the beauty of the free market system. You have choices of sotware, and several in the same price point as PrE.

If the watermark is not good for you, you might want to contact Adobe and let them know. PrPro does not have that, but it is being considered. Now, it just has zero support of anything MPEG, and trial users scream about that, and beg for a watermark, but with full features. Can't please everyone, I guess.

Now, one thing to consider: unlike some other companies, Adobe offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee. Buy the program, use it for less that 30 days, and if you do not like it, return it for 100% of the cost, no questions asked. That will be a full-featured version, with no watermark, and no limitations. The same goes for PrPro. That basically allows one to try things out for a total of 60 days - 30 for the trial, and then 30 for the full-paid version, knowing that they will get their money back, if not satisfied. Not a bad deal.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2014 Jul 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Utter nonsense.  The watermark is absolutely ridiculous.   Absurd.  Nobody handles trial versions of software like this.  Limit the length of the video.  Gray out some menu items until the person registers.   Plastering a huge watermark over the entire video is NOT a trial version.  Its COMPLETELY unusable software.  Everybody knows how trial software works, and this is absurd.  Dont defend something that is totally unethical and ridiculous.

To make matters worse, after being forced to pay $100 for the non-watermarked version, I now sit here like an idiot for hours / days waiting for Adobe to manually "approve" my order.  What is this, 1997?   They've got my card number and could generate the full version in a matter of seconds, but its July 4th and friday afternoon and here I will sit until Monday waiting for software.   Outrageously stupid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevervana

I don't understand how to get audio from itunes into my project

This is the second of two threads (of others) that you have tacked yourself onto to characterize Premiere Elements features as absurd, ridiculous, and outrageously stupid. One went to getting iTunes music in a project and now this one about the Adobe watermark.

Again, these are "what is" matters. We are not Adobe. Just user to user. Please contact Adobe or Adobe Chat. We regret that you are having difficulties reaching Adobe to complete your order and that you are having problems with these 2 what is matters.

From what you have written in this forum tonight, Adobe is the only one who can help you and Adobe does not frequent this forum.

As I mentioned in your other thread post tonight, if you are so upset over these two matters, you might want to consider requesting your money back when you do reach Adobe.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell Adobe you don't like the trial version watermark... nobody here can change that

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform for feature requests

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2011 Feb 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you seeing a band across the centre (with your video section above and below it) or are you saying that ALL you see is the band? If the latter then that is a problem as it means something in your system, or clips, or project settings is not right. As a minimum update your graphics and audio drivers from the card manufacturers' websites (e.g. nvidia or AMD), and QuickTime. There are more basics to take a look at here: PrE Hanging, or Crashing - Some Tips

Cheers,
--
Neale
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2015 May 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gotta say, also, after wasting my time (as I actually have premier pro on my other computer which has now malfunctioned and I cant get it swapped over). downloading this silly trial version with that stupid water mark. I think Ill just get final cut or something that doesn't waste my time. What is that watermark all about? What weirdo came up with that concept?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2015 May 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

adamh

What version of Premiere Pro and on what computer operating system? What is the problem installing Premiere Pro on your working computer?

Just in case mention...the way to get rid of the Adobe watermark in the tryout project is to open the tryout project with Adobe watermark in the purchased product and use Timeline/Delete Rendered Files. Sometimes you do not need the Timeline/Delete Rendered Files. Just opening the tryout with Adobe watermark in the purchased program removes the Adobe watermark. However, there is no condition where you can remove the Adobe watermark from an tryout export product, be it burn to disc or an export to file saved to the computer hard drive.

This is not Adobe here. Rather user to user, visitor here like yourself. The Adobe watermark situation for the tryout has existed through many versions. Nonetheless, you might want to file the Adobe Feature Request Bug Report Form to offer comments to Adobe on this matter.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines