Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

database connection in CF8b

Jul 10, 2007 Jul 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any Vista and CF8b issues that would prevent CF connections to SQL2005. For some reason they wont connect. Ive had a SQL Dba look into the settings I gave SQL2005, which he's tested with an ODBC data source which worked. I know others have had the same issue but I guess they've been able to get through them whereas I cant

Ive Enabled the TCP/IP and named pipes for the instance of SQL server etc.... Yet for some reason the 'data sources pages' in CF administrator will not connect. No matter how we jiggle about with the Server and port settings.

Ive even used the ODBC connections that were tested by the dba (as ODBC socket) and they worked in the datasources page but failed in the application... the table name comes up as an invalid object name..

I saw Ben Forta has highlighted some issues with IPv6 and CF8 but I'm not sure how to make this work still. If my machine is called MOLLY and my instance of SQL server is called VAIO_VEDB... what goes int he server field ? MOLLY /VAIO_VEDB.. 127.0.0.1/VAIO_VEDB .. [my internal IP]/VAIO_VEDB ??
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jul 11, 2007 Jul 11, 2007
SOLVED.... This may be of interest for those considering tinkering with CF8.

tried all the normal settings. I was connecting to a duplicate of the db as my CF7 machine. so I knew all settings were correct... just wouldnt connect on my CF8 machine.. So I tried everything I could and got an array of error messages... until I noticed login failed for user sa.., 3rd from the bottom.

so I corrected the password and it worked, went back in tried to verify and it failed. it seems to reset the passwor...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Jul 10, 2007 Jul 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The server is the machinename itself. So connecting to a local MSSQL server and a database named breeze, I use:
Database - breeze
Server - localhost
And it works.
Simplest way to start debugging a datasource issue is to create the datasource. Even if it fails to verify continue by creating a test cfm with any query using that DSN. Do a simple "select * from foo". Run the template with debugging and verbose error info on. Come back with the error if you cannot figure the problem out from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, thats what I d normall do but its not working. all sorts of error messages

server is my local machine so I'm using localhost, port 1433.. etc but no. not under CF8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
SOLVED.... This may be of interest for those considering tinkering with CF8.

tried all the normal settings. I was connecting to a duplicate of the db as my CF7 machine. so I knew all settings were correct... just wouldnt connect on my CF8 machine.. So I tried everything I could and got an array of error messages... until I noticed login failed for user sa.., 3rd from the bottom.

so I corrected the password and it worked, went back in tried to verify and it failed. it seems to reset the password every time you visit the DSN configuration page. Is it just me and has this always happened, or is this a new feature of CF8 :-)

CF Data Source Name : DSNNAME
Database : database_name
Server : 127.0.0.1
Port : 1433
User name: sa
Password : **********

Error establishing socket to host and port: 127.0.0.1:1433. Reason: Connection refused: connect.

Server : ::1

Error establishing socket to host and port: 1:1433. Reason: Network is unreachable: connect.

Server : localhost

Error establishing socket to host and port: localhost:1433. Reason: Connection refused: connect.

Server : COMPUTERNAME\SQLSERVERINSTANCENAME

Login failed for user 'sa'..

Server : SQLSERVERINSTANCENAME

Error establishing socket. Unknown host: SQLSERVERINSTANCENAME

Server : COMPUTERNAME

coldfusion.sql.Executive$ConnectionVerificationFailedException: java.sql.SQLException: Timed out trying to establish connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation