• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Install Adobe Flash Player" is damaged and can't be opened

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2014 Jul 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The subject line of this discussion is what is displayed when I go to try to install Adobe Flash. I have a Mac OS X 10.9.3. I had Flash downloaded for a while, but the last update wouldn't update. It would download, but then when I went to open it it would say "Retrieving Install" and the meter would remain at 0%. It never went a step beyond that. After trying many times, per the instructions of the website, I deleted Flash from my computer using the Adobe uninstaller downloaded from this site. Now that I am trying to reinstall Flash I keep getting the message "'Install Adobe Flash Player' is damaged and can't be opened. You should eject the disk image". What should I do from here? I would appreciate any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just tried it. same result... damaged disk image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe your downloads are getting corrupted?  The file size of the offline installer I posted is 15.7 MB (16,478,237 bytes) - do you have the same size?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Firefox and when I click on the download arrow it displays 15.7MB next to the file name. However, when I click on it from the Firefox download folder and check "get info" under size it reads: 16.6MB on disk. Don't know if that makes a difference or not...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should make sure you do a complete uninstall of the flash player first and then install the latest FP14 version from this link - Use http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player_osx.dm g

In order to do a complete uninstall - Uninstall Flash Player | Mac OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2014 Jul 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have checked.... it is uninstalled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines