• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

disappearing images

Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2014 Jul 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My son and I have uploaded a website built in Dreamweaver cc. All has gone well except some images have disappeared from the page and when they are clicked it comes up with "Bad Request" Can any one tell us what we have done wrong or what we have to do to resolve the issue. The site works fine on my local server and in live view but after uploading this issue raised its head.  Here is the page with the error Photography services We know some pages are named wrong, these are being dealt with before it goes live.

Please help, Jim & James.

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 07, 2014 Jul 07, 2014

Hi there,

Paths do not run as if you were to do them in wordpress etc.

You can run into issues with images and file sources like CSS doing ../ etc.

The best and easiest method is to ensure images and files all start with a slash src="/images....

Then you need to look at your image and folder naming:

http://jptphotographyuk.businesscatalyst.com/Images/Landscape%20images/Patio%20&%20Pergola/Patio-and-pergola-160.jpg

With the web as it is, to avoid any validaility issues with browsers, file rendering, up

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Paths do not run as if you were to do them in wordpress etc.

You can run into issues with images and file sources like CSS doing ../ etc.

The best and easiest method is to ensure images and files all start with a slash src="/images....

Then you need to look at your image and folder naming:

http://jptphotographyuk.businesscatalyst.com/Images/Landscape%20images/Patio%20&%20Pergola/Patio-and...

With the web as it is, to avoid any validaility issues with browsers, file rendering, uploading etc you need to name folders and files in a certain way.

Folders and files need to be all in lower case, no spaces ( use a - ) and no funny characters.

The other thing is to ensure your files are not to big, optimised for the web and uploading correctly.

Tick all those boxes and you should find you wont encounter the issue or/and similar issues with images and files and folder paths.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Liam, thank you very much for the reply. I will be going through the list with my son later today when he gets home from school. I will keep you informed, Thanks again.

Jim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Liam.

We are very grateful for your help.

Jim & James. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines