• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conditional Text Odd Hide Behavior

Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2014 Jul 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using FrameMaker 12 (unstructured) on a Windows 7 platform (64 bit).

I have the following anchored frame and paragraphs that together form a block of conditional text:

Small icon graphic in an anchored frame aligned to left margin.

Body Text paragraph (this text runs around the small icon graphic)

Body Text paragraph (this text is below the small icon graphic, aligned to the left margin)

1. List Num 1 paragraph (aligned against left margin)

2. List Num + paragraph (aligned against left margin)

3. List Num + paragraph (aligned against left margin)

I block everything described above, and apply a conditional tag.

When I hide the conditional text, 100% of the conditional text disappears, except:

• Tthe "1." that is part of the Autonumber format for the List Num 1 paragraph. (The text of the List Num 1 paragraph disappears as it should.)
  • The anchor for the small icon graphic's anchored frame.

The "1." and the anchor seem to be stuck to each other when I try to hide the conditional text. (They are separated by two paragraphs of Body Text prior to hiding the conditional text.)

Anyone have any ideas about what is going on?

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 04, 2014 Jul 04, 2014

Make sure that you have your Text symbols showing and select the end of paragraph mark as part of the entire condition. You probbly missed this for the last ListNum item, so when you set it to hide it reverted to 1.

See this thread for a similar issue: Hiding conditionalized text causes preceding list to display additional list item

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2014 Jul 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that you have your Text symbols showing and select the end of paragraph mark as part of the entire condition. You probbly missed this for the last ListNum item, so when you set it to hide it reverted to 1.

See this thread for a similar issue: Hiding conditionalized text causes preceding list to display additional list item

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2014 Jul 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Arnis.

I always author with the text symbols showing, so that was not the issue.

However, today I made absolutely certain that the conditional tags started at the left margin, and ended after the end of the paragraph mark after the third numbered list paragraph, and it seems to be working.

I honestly thought I had done that before, but your comment made me go back and look again.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines