• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe flash player help needed urgently!

Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cannot locate adobe flash player (AFP) after installing in windows 7, ie11.. wanted to open an animation and it suggested installing AFP... can anyone help urgently?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Launch Internet Explorer and navigate to http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html
  2. If you see an animation playing, then Flash Player is enabled.
  3. If you don’t see an animation playing, then Flash Player is not enabled. In that case, click on the Tools icon in the top right corner of Internet Explorer. (The icon looks like a cogwheel.)
  4. In the drop-down menu which appears, click Manage Add-Ons.
  5. In the dialog which appears, select Toolbars and Extensions.
  6. In the list of Add-ons, look for “Shockwave Flash Object” – which is another name for Flash Player.
  7. In the Status column, check to see whether Shockwave Flash Object is Disabled. If it is, click the row for Shockwave Flash Object to highlight it.
  8. In the bottom right corner of the Manage Add-ons dialog, click the Enable button.
  9. Close the Manage Add-ons dialog.
  10. Click Refresh to reload the webpage. If you see the animation playing this time, then Flash Player has been successfully enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Vijay for the fast reply.. already enabled but I wanted to open an animation from my thumbdrive and it says "cant open this file"... followed by:

1) use the web service to find the correct program - it suggested AFP, installed but still cannot play

2) select a program from a list of installed programs - installed AFP, but cant locate it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off ActiveX filtering in internet explorer settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shld hv informed you that I've already done both before posting in the community.. anyway I got the animation playing after using Chrome to download AFP... called the local adobe helpline n they said I needed to pay.. load of craps! only the forum help is free... what nonsense!

thanks for the replies!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use this link to download the updated version of flash player - http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_ 14_active... and this wold work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2014 Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

GouLou wrote:

I wanted to open an animation from my thumbdrive and it says "cant open this file"...

Flash Player is a browser add-on to play online Flash content.

To play local content you need the standalone player (Projector); you can download it from https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

Note that the download is the player, not an installer, so you need to make the .swf file association manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines