• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Record Audio with Captivate 2 and Vista

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2007 Jun 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Vista 32-bit and I can't record audio.
Is there any Idea, who to fix the problem?
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 10, 2007 Jul 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be the microphone and/or audio card that is the problem, and not the OS. I can't tell you who to contact to fix the problem - I guess you'll probably have to fix it yourself, because Vista is not a "supported" operating system ... so Adobe's own Tech Support people may be instructed not to get involved with trying to iron out problems on unsupported systems.

I'm just guessing - I have no way of actually knowing what Adobe is telling their Tech Support people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2007 Jul 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not a problem with the microphone or the audiocard. Every other Programms are working fine. I can use the microfone in Vista perfectly, I can record in other programms too, and the microfone is working on a Windows XP too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 11, 2007 Jul 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that. I wasn't clear, and do apologize for that. I meant that the microphone or video card wasn't working with Captivate, not that they weren't working at all. This has been a problem for some time, specifically with regards to some USB Mic setups, and with "RealTek" audio cards. In those cases, a fix" (patch) has been made available.

The fact that you can record and playback in other programs has nothing to do with this little bug...

The fix I referred to above is available at this link . I hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2007 Jul 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I have encountered the same problem.. unable to record with captivate 2 and Vista.. I performed the hot fix as instructed and that cleared up the problem
HOWEVER .....
I still have a problem when I try to import audio. I get a "unable to decode & import the selected wav/mp3 file... I know the wav file I was trying to upload is not corrupted because it works fine in windows media player.. I recorded it with the vista sound recorder.

thnaks for your help on this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2007 Jul 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix even fixed my set up which is Captivate running on Vista home running on VMware Fusion running on an Intel Mac.

quote:

Originally posted by: CatBandit
I know that. I wasn't clear, and do apologize for that. I meant that the microphone or video card wasn't working with Captivate, not that they weren't working at all. This has been a problem for some time, specifically with regards to some USB Mic setups, and with "RealTek" audio cards. In those cases, a fix" (patch) has been made available.

The fact that you can record and playback in other programs has nothing to do with this little bug...

The fix I referred to above is available at this link . I hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 20, 2007 Jul 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the WAV file in Windows Sound Recorder. Go to "File > Save As" and note the "Format" line at the bottom of the Save As dialog. It should read "PCM". If it is not PCM formatted, click the "Change" button and change formating to a PCM type.

Most folks are not aware that there are many formats for WAV files, and in the case of Captivate, it won't work properly (import) with anything except PCM-WAVs.

If this helps, I'm happy to have helped. If it doesn't, you will have to find help elsewhere because that's my best shot. Either way, have a great day!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2007 Jul 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for your suggestion.. I will try that.. however I 'm not optomistic because even when I try to import sounds from the Gallery that came with the Captivate program it gave me the same error... unable to decode & import file...

thanks I'll tryt a repost and see what happens
I really need to get the background sound in .. I have ademo to bosses in 1 week!!!

phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2011 Jun 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I know this is an old question.

You don't need to set up mic or Realtex sound card complexly. Instead of using Captive 2 on my vista, I turn to use an audio recorder to record live stream audio, which comes from my plugin USB gadgets or sounds from computer speaker. I have checked that streaming audio recorder can work with vista. This way may help you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources