Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot run adobe flash player on windows 8.1 pro with IE 11

Jul 06, 2014 Jul 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is very frustrating and I have research multiple Q&A on this forum with no resolution.

When I try to run adobe flash player I get the error:

Either Flash Player is disabled or ActiveX Filter is ON.
Please follow trouble shooting steps to play Flash content.

I have gone through the steps to attempt to resolve this as indicated on the adobe site and it is not resolved

I have removed and re-added IE 11.

I have been trying to research this for days and have hit a dead end.

Any recommendations?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not enough to "download" the latest Flash Player version; you also need to install it.

Get the latest Flash Player 14.0.0.125 from

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@paula1228,

I'm sorry you're encountering issues with Flash Player on Windows 8.1 with Internet Explorer 11.  There is a new Flash Player update available today.  The new update should be available from the link at the bottom of the Flash Player Issues | Windows 8 page.  You can also run Windows Update from the Control Panel to obtain the latest update (KB2974008).  If the latest update doesn't display, install all available updates and then check for updates again.

@NerdyWasabi,

Microsoft embeds Flash Player in Internet Explorer on Windows 8.x.  Users cannot install Flash Player for Internet Explorer on their own.  They must install the Internet Explorer Update for Flash Player to update Flash Player on Windows 8.x

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines