• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presenter 8/SCORM 2004: no tracking in LMS?

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2013 Mar 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're using a new LMS and I'm new to using Adobe Presenter, especially with enabling the reporting to SCORM 2004 capabilities. When loading into our LMS, the courses are tracking progress and resuming correctly, but they are not passing completion data. (We're simply doing 80% of slide views to track completion).

Our vendor claims the issue lies with Presenter, and claims that Adobe Presenter does not pass grading or tracking information to LMS. 

We have tested the content in SCORM Cloud, and tracking and grading information is being recorded correctly. Are there known issues with Presenter reporting and tracking in SCORM 2004?

Also possibly related, to get Captivate courses to track/report correctly, we had to add javascript to each file provided by the LMS vendor and patch the manifest file (I don't know what was adjusted to make those work, though).

Thanks for any help or thoughts,

Angela

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 19, 2013 Mar 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Angela,

I have faced the same problem too.

We have many online courses in my company transferred from PPT through Adobe Presenter. Some colleagues have encountered the similar problem as you described, i.e., the completion status is incorrect even though they have visited each page of the course file.

Through my investigation, it seems that the problem is due to the missing of Java at user's PC. JAVA(JVE) is necessary in order to realize the communication between Presenter file and LMS.

So I ask these colleagues to install JVE in their PC, and re-visit the course file, then the completion status becomes correct.

Would you please have a try?

Best regards.

Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2013 Mar 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the info, but our end users are all external and most are teachers, who would not have the ability to install JVE, but I will let our vendor know this could possibly be the issue and perhaps they can find a solution.

Thanks,

Angela

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 20, 2013 Mar 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another soultion is to integrate JVE plug-in in your LMS. This is what I am doing.

Best regards.

Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will ask about this option. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

How you integrate JVE in the LMS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources