• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edge animate composition not loading on Business Catalyst catalogue's sub-catalogues...

Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need urgent help on this one... I have this edge animation slider on the all the pages of the website and its loading perfectly on all the other pages accept the sub-catalouges of our online shop, i believe this issue is caused because if the relative URL thing, but I'm not sure how to correct this, which code should i add and to which files, please help, i have an urgent deadline to meet and i couldn't fix it, i hope you guys here would help as we paying every month for your services.

Thank you very much..

Cheers,

Sam

TOPICS
Dreamweaver

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

You not linked any links or anything Sam so it will be hard for most people to be able to work out and help you.

Lucky I know what it will be without looking, A guess but an educated one.

Your paths for files etc wont be in the best way for them to work in BC so when in sub folders they are lost. Every file etc needs to start with a slash so sources of css, js, files etc need to be like this...

src="/folder/file.css" etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You not linked any links or anything Sam so it will be hard for most people to be able to work out and help you.

Lucky I know what it will be without looking, A guess but an educated one.

Your paths for files etc wont be in the best way for them to work in BC so when in sub folders they are lost. Every file etc needs to start with a slash so sources of css, js, files etc need to be like this...

src="/folder/file.css" etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liam,

Thank you very much   yes that what i thought too, sorry i can't leave a link out in the forum coz the client wants to keep the project confidential at this stage, but i can PM you a link...

So you mean i have to edit the links in edge animate too? at first i couldn't get the shop template's css to load in subcategories, so i changed the links like that (/filename.css) and it worked but the edge animation wouldn't load when changing the paths for the files referred in the edge code that you put inside the head tag. So i'm guessing there must be some other paths that can't find its way around... and i found the below link last night, maybe this will work but I'm not sure how to put the javascripts and how to add the variable declaration to the root of my website like how they have mention in the below article, I'm more of a designer then a programer, but I'm learning on it, it would be great if you could tell me exactly whats that code and how to do it properly.

Adobe Edge: Embedding Animations in a Page | Daniel Hanly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2014 Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes! I got it done without putting any extra javascript in to the file.

Like you have said every path has to be corrected with a / at the beginning of the path.

including:

var im = '/images/'; on your animation_edge.js and all the files that has a path and also in the animation itself i had to put the links to other pages like this "window.open("../../about.html", "_parent");"

so thats what it takes to get it working.

Thank you so much for your help, really appreciate it

I got one more thing to accomplish with the shop, making it responsive, if you could provide with any help or provide some guidance to the proper way of doing it would be great, please have a look at my other post regarding this.

Cheers,

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines