• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedded video cuts off before the end in playback

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2014 Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Presenter 9. All of the videos I import and run as slide videos run the full length in the Edit video window but when I publish and play they all cut off the last 2-4 seconds of the video.  I'm so frustrated by this that I am ready to ditch Presenter all together instead of upgrading to Presenter 10, which has already been a headache itself, and that's just the trial version.

What is the solution or work around for this problem?  I see from an older post that it may have to do with the slide run length which runs regardless of how long it takes the video to load.

I don't have the ability to record all of my videos with padding at the beginning or end, as I am working with videos that were already recorded by Subject Matter Experts.

Thanks,

Michelle

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manually adjusting the slide duration to match the video was a workflow from Presenter 6 and older, as I recall. Since version 7 Presenter should auto detect the duration of the video and adjust the slide duration accordingly.

Two questions:

What type of video are you importing, FLV, MP4, or something else?

Is there any buffering on the slide before the video plays back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video files are MP4. Some are published from Adobe Presenter Video Creator, some are not, but the problem is the same across all of them.

Not sure what you mean about buffering – I am playing them back locally – either published or preview – when this occurs, as well as once they are posted. Sometimes when I play back the posted version it will return a buffering message in the lower left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, MP4 should be fine. If you can, I would test converting one of the videos to FLV to see if it makes any difference. Can't hurt to try.

As to the buffering message, Playing it locally shouldn't produce a buffering at the beginning of any slide, but if it did that may indicate a problem with the video.When delivered from a server (Connect or otherwise) you can start to see how the playback will work in the real world. If you are seeing buffering with the video, it could be a bandwidth issue, and may consume a few seconds of playback time on the slide, thus cutting the end of your video off. It may be worth looking at the bit rate of the videos and see if they are above 800 kbps.

Another point to make is how Presenter pre-loads. When you see the loading screen, the first three slides are being loaded completely. Have a video on one of the first three slides, and you may see a large loading time for your presentation. After those three slides load and Presenter begins playing, a new slide begins pre-loading every 3 seconds. So if you have a video on slides 4-6, the presentation may catch up to the the video's pre-loaded location can cause a buffer. Of course this all depends on the duration of your initial slides and size of you embedded videos. Something to consider at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources