• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying Projects

Participant ,
Jul 12, 2007 Jul 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a correct way of copying a project other than just copying the project folder in Windows Explorer?

My Release Notes are a "rolling" Help system, i.e. the latest notes just get added in for each release. So I copy the project into a version specific folder each time a new release being developed and add the latest notes.

My problem is that the Help system is incredibly slow to load, and often crashes, and I wondered if copying it forward everytime was causing a problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jop22. Copying RH projects can only be done by copying the project directory. If your project is slow to load you could try taking a backup and deleting the projectname.CPD file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

I've just tried deleting the .CPD file (after backing up!) but when the project loads all the TOC links are broken.

Should I be able to delete the .CPD without any side effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK this may be something else then. You should normally be able to delete the CPD file without any problems. Did you make any changes to the project's TOC before you deleted the CPD file. If so, go back to backup, compile and then delete the CPD file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's better.

Can I do the same thing with WebHelp projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely. Copy away! The output type is irrelevant when it comes to copying projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp