• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topic link to chm in new window

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2007 Jul 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to have a resulting HTML Help that will let me click on a topic (for a subsystem help) which will open a new .chm in a new HTML Help window (with its own TOC/index/etc). Not sure how to configure this or make it work. Any ideas. I have tried a veriety of things so far, but nothing works yet...

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi netmatt and welcome to the RH community. This sounds like you need to specify an alternate .HHC file in your sub-project's window. If you open the window that your sub-project opens in, go into the Advanced Properties and specifiy the HHC file in the Table of Contents field. Might be worth a go if you haven't already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I got the new window to open up with the new CHM now...

As a follow up, it seems I need to define the new window with the specific TOC and Index of the new CHM. I there a way to define a window that picks up the related TOC and Index of the chm that it opens(in this way, a single window type gets created, so that when I get a new subsytem, I do not have to keep adding/creating new windows, which makes me have to redistribute the main system help...which is what I am trying to avoid)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp