• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

patches for RH X5

Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2007 Jun 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since Monday, I've been receiving a message from RoboHelp asking me if I want to download and install updates. 've been saying "no" until I could get a second opinion (from the forum).

Is this the patch ( http://www.adobe.com/support/security/bulletins/apsb07-10.html) that I'm probably being prompted to install? If so, are there any things to watch out for?

I have RH X5 5.01, I used to have 5.02. I have the 5.02 upgrade and I've been meaning to re-install it, but haven't gotten around to it. (We're not using source control anymore and I'll admit I've gotten lazy)

Thanks,
Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2007 Jun 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim. You are getting the message because you have set the "Automatically check for updates" option in the General tab available from the Tools > Options menu item. The update just provides a few bug fixes and support for Word 2003.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2007 Jul 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Actually, SPXB07-10 is a "critical update." I just learned about it, and I'll freely admit that the documentation on installing the patch is so bad that I am unable to accomplish it. They want you to swap out two files. In my installation, I have two occurrences of one of the files (with different folders and different dates) and about 9 of the other (different folders, different dates), and I don't have a clue about what they want me to do.

They give multiple sets of instructions, one for customers who have "customized templates." So, what, exactly, does THAT mean? I guess it doesn't matter, since I don't know which files I'm supposed to act upon, anyway.

I did find a site that explains the big security problem, and it doesn't look like it's worth ruining my RoboHelp installation to fix it, since they can't be bothered to provide us with a decent, easy-to-use, well-explained patch. If you're interested, you can read about the security threat at:

http://www.devtarget.org/adobe-advisory-05-2007.txt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp