• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Extended Support Release- Where to download?

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2014 Jul 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to this Adobe webpage, Upcoming changes to Flash Player’s extended support release, there is an Extended Support Release version of Flash Player 13.

All I want to know is where is the download for this ESR version?

All the downloads I have tried have been the normal version and when it checks for new versions it wants to update to version 14. I don't want that. I want the ESR 13 version that will only update security fixes.

Thanks,

MIke

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The Extended Support Release installers are available here Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe. Download links are about half-way down the page.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was hopefull but Adobe seems to have screwed that page up also.

I followed the link, downloaded the ESR version. I then did an uninstall of the current Flash version on my test Mac. Rebooted, then installed the ESR 13 version. Rebooted again.

Then went into System Preferences and checked the Flash Player version, it was 13.0.0.231.

I then clicked on check now to see if it would find any new security updates or come back with no update found.

It found an update and then tried to install version 14. FAIL

HOW DIFFICULT IS IT FOR ADOBE TO PUT THE CORRECT DOWNLOADS IN THE CORRECT LINKS.

As of right now, I either have to roll out version 14 to all our Macs and introduce all the bugs with that version or wait without the security update for the ESR 13 version to be found.

Maria, thank you for at least trying. I blame Adobe for this mess.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

The specific updates you refer to are only posted for the latest version, in this case v14, not the ESR.  The audience for the ESR is enterprise customers, who generally control the deployment of Flash Player to their users and usually disable update notifications so their users cannot update Flash Player on their own. 

If you are an IT administrator deploying to your organization, there are solutions to remaining in the ESR without updating to the latest version, by either distributing Flash Player via deployment management software (for example, Casper Suite) or hosting the background update resources locally.  These methods are outlined in chapter 3 of the Flash Player Administrator's Guide.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2014 Jul 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Based on your answer, there is no reason to install the ESR version if I'm just going to disable update notifications. I can do that now with the normal version of Flash. But according to Adobe the ESR version will only download security updates.

Here is what Chris Campbell of Adobe said the ESR version does:

"Beginning May 13th, 2014, we will be upgrading Flash Player's extended support release from version 11.7 to version 13. This change impacts enterprise and IT customers that currently deploy Flash Player using the extended support releases available through our distribution channel", says Chris Campbell of Adobe.

Campbell further explains, "Adobe makes available the extended support release to organizations that prefer Flash Player stability over new functionality. We will create a branch of the Flash Player code that we keep up to date with all of the latest security updates, but none of the new features or bug fixes available in our normal release branch. This allows organizations to certify and stay secure with Flash Player with minimal effort".

So, where is this branch version located so I can download it?

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2014 Jul 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

The article you quote doesn't indicate that the ESR will only download ESR versions. The ESR builds are available for download on the page I linked to (Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe).  Updates for the bra ESR branch are available to deploy either via a software management system or by hosting the Background Updates locally (this is a preferred method for Enterprise customers).  They are not available via notification updates.  This is also true for the previous ESR version (11.7) where notification update would download the latest version, not the ESR version.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great prompt response, thanks for the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2016 Jun 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Extended Support Release" version from June 30, 2016?

As of June 30 2016, the link "http://www.adobe.com/de/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html" is decommissioned. So far I found here "Extended Support Release" version.
Under the new link "https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution4.html" I find no "Extended Support Release" version.

Where will I find the "Extended Support Release" version in the future?

Best wishes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2016 Jun 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The Extended Support Release installers are posted at the bottom of the distribution4 page, in the same location as they are posted at on the distribution3 page.

Please private message me your distribution4 URL (don't post it here in this discussion thread) and I can investigate further.

To send a private message, click on my User Profile link and then the 'Message' button link.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello "m vargas"

Thank you for your feedback signal. Apologies late feedback. I have sent you a message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines