• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Starting with BC, DW, or Muse trying to create a restaurant menus app

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2014 Jul 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been following videos from BC-Gurus about creating an app for restaurant menus. BC seems easy, but it becomes frustrating trying to create the app with multiple menus (Chinese, Grill, Kids, etc.), multiple course types(Starter, vegetarian, beef, etc.).

I'd appreciate someone pointing me to a menu app creation tutorial, or a widget, or advice.

I also wish there was a comprehensive book on BC app building I could purchase.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should we use Categories for the various menus, and subcategories?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I avoid using categories in BC. Until that part of the system is reworked by the BC team, it is more trouble than it's worth. You can create a categories web app that can do a much better job. You just create a data-source field in your menu app that points to your categories app. Then when you create menu items, you choose the category from the drop down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Mr. Cook,

Thanks for your help, and it's an honor to be writing to a BC expert like you.

We want to specialize in BC so our clients can have total control of the sites we build. However, we are under the gun. We need more info to become comfortable with BC--quickly. Is there a resource that has tutorial on creating an app similar to the one we need to create?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I've mentioned this type of solution somewhere on the forum before, but I can't remember where. I'll look for it. In the meantime, under the gun is a bad place to go through a learning curve. If you are willing to pay for some help, I can do that part of the functionality for you, and then show you what I did. That would be the fastest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be an honor for us! It's a great idea. What do you charge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Mr. Cook,

We are also very excited about the BC restaurant seminar at the end of the month, but we can't wait for the seminar.

By the way, our clients, are not covering our costs this project. (We will need to review the BC guides on setting the price and negotiating) LOL

We may not be able to take you up on your kind offer--this time. But if we can't do it this time around, please let us know for future projects!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines