• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish vs copying files manually

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2007 Jul 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've generated my projecton my local machine (and it looks great, thank you very much).
but I need to put it out there where others can see/use it.

I'm not sure what 'Publish" is all about. In the past I've just copied all the files and folders that were created as a result of 'Generate' ing. Is this the same, or does Publish do something else?

If it makes a difference, this will need to be merged with other projects - which they plan to do tomorrow (when I am un-helpfully out of town)

Gail

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2007 Jul 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Your way all the files get copied and that is OK. Publishing gives you the option of selecting just to update what has changed. Another reason for publishing is that sometimes you need to put something on the server that is outside the project. Your way would trash that stuff and you would have to redo it. If your way works, stick with it.

Merging is something you do as part of the set up. How can others do it without access to RoboHelp?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp