• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install Helper Hangs

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2014 Jul 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This past two updates of Flash 14, the Adobe Installation Helper hangs in such a way that I get the black pop-up window but with nothing in it; it is just a blank black window (neither the question of how to handle new updates, nor the options). When I try to close it, the AIH tries to open the standard (after-installation) webpage for other Adobe products (webpage Part 3 of 3 of the Installation), but it apparently lacks a data value to the proper web address and I get a blank web browser window instead. Both times I end up resorting to downloading the offline installer file to successfully update my Flash Player/Shockwave. While I don't mind using the installer file (I rather prefer it), it is a little annoying to always get this through the regular update procedure. This only happens to one of my machines--a Win7 Home Vaio laptop that has Avast Anti-virus installed.

I am wondering if there is a way to fix or correct this problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2014 Jul 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2014 Jul 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Willener, but those are the offline installer files I eventually download and use. Yes, they work in installing the latest version, but by the next update, the Installation Helper still hangs with a blank black window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2014 Jul 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then don't use the "install helper" (AIH) version.  I always use the offline installers, and I never had any problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines