Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ERROR: Automation server can't create object

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2007 Jul 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I am at my wits end, and I hope you can help me. I have compiled a Webhelp project that runs just fine in Firefox (with the exception of expanding text but blah blah blah... :P)
When I compile the same project in IE, I get an page loading error that tells me that "Automation server can't create object" (with reference to 'whskin_pdfhtml.html' in a file path, and my ToC is not visible.
My tester, who is on another machine in another location, tells me HIS ToC loads fine, but he gets an out of memory error at line 59.
I have trawled thru these forums for an hour now, and I am no closer to solving this problem. I have tried creating a brand new empty project with one topic and I get the same error.
Any ideas on what's happening?
Of course, we have a demo tomorrow at 6am.
thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guessing here.

1] You have created webhelp pro when you don't have RoboHelp Server installed on the server.

2] Your source has some output files in it. The topic concerned being the one that gives the memory error. This result is what you get when you view in RoboHelp an output file that has been imported into the source. I don't know whether it gives the same error in the output again.

Or are you viewing the help locally instead of from a server? What version of IE.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, thank heavens you are here.
1. I am not creating WebHelp pro.
2. I thought this might be the problem, but then why is the brand new 'clean' project also causing this?
3. I am viewing locally.

thanks -- I am desperate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2007 Jul 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oops - version of IE is 6.X
and I am viewing locally on my own PC here at home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2007 Jul 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have RH6, is Mark of the Web ticked?

If earlier version, in IE have you gone to Advanced Settings and allowed Active X to Run.
Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 16, 2007 Jul 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Are you working on a network?

Don't!

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp