• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OS X 10.10 Yosemite Won't Launch AE CS6

Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2014 Jun 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I had the same problem with Mavericks when it was released, but it's also with OS X 10.10 now (I know it's soon but just reporting it).  Yosemite won't launch AE but all the other Adobe CS6 apps work great though.  Had to get Java for Illustrator but that's it.

Screen Shot 2014-06-02 at 7.55.56 PM.png

Just a heads up for AE artists that are also developers. 😃

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

The problem with Mavericks was that the Nvidia OptiX library had a problem that caused us to need to get an update from them to include with an After Effects patch.

We'll be testing with Yosemite now that it's available and see what may be broken that we need to fix.

See this page:

After Effects and Mac OSX v10.10 (Yosemite) | After Effects region of interest

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with Mavericks was that the Nvidia OptiX library had a problem that caused us to need to get an update from them to include with an After Effects patch.

We'll be testing with Yosemite now that it's available and see what may be broken that we need to fix.

See this page:

After Effects and Mac OSX v10.10 (Yosemite) | After Effects region of interest

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not surprise me at all that an app that was just released in Beta today for developers may have some problems integrating with an app that is as complex as After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, I figured I'd let you guys know ASAP.  Thanks for the reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol - that was fast!  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah just figured I'd post it up now haha =P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you have tried Lightroom 5 and PS CS6 on Yosemite and they both work fine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS CS6 works fairly well.  Brushes are still responsive and snappy.  Flickering in the app window once in a while if you're doing high resolution work.

Lightroom I'm not 100% totally sure but it launches fine.  I haven't used it in a long time and it's REALLY outdated.

The menu's look cool though with the new Yosemite design!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got a side track question. How you "get Java for Illustrator" to make it work? My AI crashes on startup.

Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be curious to know as well. Photoshop CC and Illustrator CC stability on Yosemite are the only thing I truly need to install this beauty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a little side button on the left that says "More info" when it launches.

It's called Java for OS X 2014-001 on Apple's website.

Java for OS X 2014-001

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All Adobe other Apps work fine for me CS6 & CC on OS X 10,10 Yosemite, Except After Effects CS6 & CC

Hope to see a patch or fix soon..

Thanks guys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks AbidalSarraj ! Your feedback is truly appreciated.
On another note, how would you rate the system's stability ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far I give it 8/10, most media editing apps are not stable or they won't start at all, but with other design apps and productivity they works fine and great.

I noticed my Mac got extra heat more than usual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like the OP says, I know its too soon for anyone to care but just throwing it out there: the CC app itself doesn't seem to auto load anymore. After Effects CC won't start with the same error as above. Photoshop CC works fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2014 Jun 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So has there been any updates on this? Would be much appreciated if a beta - fix even was released before the official release of OSX 10.10.   Once again, AE is the only problem that doesn't run (in regards to all the other typical production programs).

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2014 Jun 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS X Yosemite beta is brand new. They'll have more builds in the coming weeks of course...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 11, 2014 Jun 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like this problem is because Apple removed a system font that After Effects uses for its interface on Mac OS. We're still investigating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which font? Could we simply install it to temporarily fix the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll let you know when we know enough to confidently recommend a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks that would be great.

I know the topic says CS6, but I assume everywhere is aware that CC is having the same problems. (I don't expect there to be any difference in the approach for a fix).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2014 Jun 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried reinstalling the Lucida fonts but that did not do the trick. And i can confirm that in the main UI that IS the font used by AE.

Perhaps there are some other sections like in effects or maybe even some unused component that uses a different font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 17, 2014 Jun 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further investigation has revealed that it is not a simple matter of installing a font. We'll let you know when there's more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines