Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

scrolling two or more documents together

Jul 11, 2014 Jul 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can I scrolling together two or more documents such as the "synchronized scrolling" in MS Office Word?

- Thanks, Marco

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2014 Jul 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not believe you can. You used to be able to compare documents to see changes between versions. I haven’t used it in awhile, but I’d be surprised if it wasn’t there.

You can of course make a new document (with twice the page size) with two different columns using two different flows and import each document into their own flow. That should give you synced scrolling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 13, 2014 Jul 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but it isn't what I want to do. You know if it's possible with a script?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2014 Jul 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, not a clue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem, I know that is a very difficult question! Now I try to find a solution and if I discover something new  I'll post it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marco,

Very Good. By the way in my suggestion about having two flows, while not perfect, if you have the two flows to import the documents by reference, you can easily change to the original documents make changes that will be reflected back in the bifurcated document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, but my problem is that I need to compare many documents (sometimes eight at the same time) because I work with many manuals in more than two languages, so I think the only way to resolve my problem is make a script that consent me to move together the scrollbars of the documents.

Michael, your solution is a very good way if someone need to compare few documents, but this isn't my case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 30, 2014 Jul 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution, who are intresting about it must contact me privately. My email is: marco.dona1996@gmail.com

-Marco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don’t you just post what you’ve found out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good question, if you read how some people answered me here: Re: synchronized scrollbars of differents documents (using FM10) you can understand my position. I'm sorry to other people who were kind with me but, if they want, they can contact me to talk about my solution privately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve sent you a PM.

[Edit] Marco's solution is an external script inspired by Klaus Daube's post in the scripting thread linked to above. He claims it goes further than Klaus's and is available for purchase from him.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2014 Jul 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use MS Word 2010. Open two documents> click View tab> Select View Side by Side> Synchronous Scrolling.

bada boom bada bing

ms word side by side.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 01, 2014 Aug 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, you're amazing! But I think you haven't read all the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2014 Aug 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

glad to be of helping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines