Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Successful install but can't open program

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2014 Jul 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a MAC to install ADE 3.0.

Successfully downloaded, I clicked on the .dmg file, and it appeared to install correctly.  It left an icon on my desktop called ADE 3.0, a red record-player looking disk.  But when I click on it, it just opens the installer and not the program.  I even dropped it into the Applications folder, but it still just opens the installer.

Also, there was a download of some sort of manual, and when downloaded, it is called welcome.epub.epub.  But my MAC does not recognize .epub and asks what do I want to use to open it.  I had expected it to automatically launch ADE and to display its 'getting started' instructions.

I'm doing all this so I can read an ebook (.pdf format) which I want to download from a publisher who says I need this program to read it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 14, 2014 Jul 14, 2014

Here is a link to an earlier version Adobe Digital Editions downloads

Tech Specs on ADE 3.0 says it supports 10.6: Tech specs | Adobe Digital Editions Home

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see how to delete this post, so PLEASE IGNORE.

After I unloaded the ADE 3.0, it *then* created useable icons.  But I'm screwed as I have V10.6.  Why does this not work until one has 10.7?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to an earlier version Adobe Digital Editions downloads

Tech Specs on ADE 3.0 says it supports 10.6: Tech specs | Adobe Digital Editions Home

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, when I went to uninstall it, it appears it was never loaded into my system.  I assumed that was because I have 10.6.  I'll try an earlier edition per your suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2014 Jul 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I installed V2.0 successfully, and it opened as expected.  I'm not sure why the specs for V3.0 say Mac OS 10.6 is okay...it was not okay on my system.

Thanks Michael, problem solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines