• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unwanted side head formatting in text frames

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2014 Jul 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my document, I use many text frames within anchored frames.  Without my knowledge of having done anything, all of my text frames now have side heads within them.  So all of the text that I entered has disappeared.  See example below.

Callout text disappears.png

I can see it if I stretch the text frame large enough.  See below:

Text Frames disappearing.png

Now, when I create new text frames with text within them, they look fine.  They maintain their proper formatting.  But all of the ones created before a few days ago look like above.

In addition, the footer changed formatting w/o my doing anything.  The left side of the footer moved in to the left to the column margin, as if there was supposed to be a side head in the formatting of the footer text box.  I imported page formatting from another document and this problem corrected itself.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sideheads are a document level property for text frames, so once triggered, the effect is everywhere.

Which version of FM were you using? Where you adjusting any other properties before this happened? Did you import any other FM documents (insets)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using FM 11.  I do not think that I was adjusting any properties.

No I did not import text insets.

The effect, though, is not everywhere.  The new text frames that I create inside anchored frames do not contain side heads. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the text frames part of a different flow?

You might wan to try a MIFwash (i.e. save the file as MIF, open the MIF and re-save as binary .fm) to clean out any crud that might have triggered it. See Re: Internal Error: 11024, 21101821, 21093447, 19354980 for details on using the Book MIFwash utility in FM11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2014 Jul 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has happened,

heck still happens to me.
(more than once)

even today, to ONE chapter of a 14+chapter document..

I too did not CHANGE any of my settings, it just decided it wanted my text boxes to have side headers.
(which is why I found your question while trying to find an answer.)

The fastest way I have found SO FAR to fix it, is to
Select each text box,

Right Click

Object Properties

The Text Frame Properties box shows up, and it has a check box in the Flow -Room for Side Heads pane.

Now, I have no idea why, but my FM11 decided that it wanted 1.5" with .25gap on my text boxes.
I had to un-check, and Apply.

but it was easier than copying the information and putting it in a new text box, (which oddly enough, also works...  )

text frame side head.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines