• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF Admin password not recognized

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2013 Sep 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed CF 10 and can not complete configuration or get in to cf administrator.  I have use the resetpassword.bat and restarted the server, with the same result.  I am working locally on the server.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 15, 2014 Jul 15, 2014

Can you have a look at Troubleshooting ColdFusion Admin Login Issue — Adobe ColdFusion Blog and try the suggestion.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Sep 24, 2013 Sep 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this work for you?  The article is for CF 8, but I assume this approach still works for CF 10:

http://coldfusion8.blogspot.co.uk/2008/08/what-if-you-forget-coldfusion-admin.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 24, 2013 Sep 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system and browser you are using? If you are on Windows 2008 and using IE to access Administrator, please try some other browser or try accessing administrator from some other remote machine. Do you see authorization cookie being set in response header for the administrator console request?

Shilpi

ColdFusion Server Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2013 Sep 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have bypassed the login by editing the value of “admin.security.enabled” in the neo-security.xml file. But after I get in the administrator, if I set a password, I am back to square one. I have also used the passwordreset.bat file and setting a password that way is not recognized either. I am connecting to the server from my desktop computer using Chrome. The server is a Windows 2003. I need to be able to set a password for the administrator login. How can I accomplish this?

Thanks,

Jeanne Campbell

Department for Local Government

502.573.2382 xt 218

email: jeanne.campbell@ky.gov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2014 Jul 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get an answer?  I'm having same issue and did same things you tried.  Also, Adobe support chat won't start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2014 Jul 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you have a look at Troubleshooting ColdFusion Admin Login Issue — Adobe ColdFusion Blog and try the suggestion.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2014 Jul 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - I have tried those things.  I can tell sha1.js is loading and working as the pass gets hashed.  I've tried the password reset.  What's worse is I found out my tasks aren't running and I believe it to be this issue.  I called Adobe and entered a case for this.  I couldn't find the SN for this server but have since found.

This is now a critical issue and affecting my whole company.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2014 Jul 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found out the error happened because of Oracle JDBC connection entry.  WTF? Deleted and working again.  Happy to be working again, but, NOT happy that something like that could affect that much of the system. Funny thing is the connection string worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 07, 2014 Aug 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @planomaxm could you be more specific about this solution? I'm still having problems.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2014 Aug 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Instead of adding a data source in admin for Oracle like this:

jdbc:oracle:thin:@MACHINENAME.CORP.INTHOSTS.NET:1521:INFP

I was having trouble getting a connection. So I entered the string as if it came straight out of the TNSNAMES.ORA file that is used for Oracle.  It actually made the connection, but with all the strange characters it somehow caused the admin issue.

So, if you were having the same issue as me, it would have shown up after a new connection entry.  I hadn't made use of the new entry so I simply deleted the entry and eventually found a method that worked.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Worked fine for a couple weeks, then passwords just stopped working.

I am using CF 10 on a windows 2008 Server.

I have tried IE, Chrome and Firefox. Directly on the server and from a remote machine.

I have tried connecting through 127.0.0.1, localhost and the site IP.

I have tried running passwordreset.bat.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing.

I have reset and cleared cookies and cache multiple times.

I have rebooted the server and restarted the services after each change.

Nothing has worked.

I can get into the admin only if I change admin.security.enabled to false in neo-security.xml. Though it gets me into the admin, I can't change the password. Obviously for security reasons this is not a good solution.

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation