• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash 14 not installing on MAC 10.9.4 with Safari. Everything up to date and have even uninstalled so now have nothing!!

Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2014 Jul 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have tried all suggestions from other forums with no success. Can anyone provide any assistance. Seems to be an Adobe issue??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 15, 2014 Jul 15, 2014

Hi Pat,

Just found your post in another email that mentioned this link and it worked!!!

Thanks heaps....hopefully it will work for others??

Try http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player_osx. dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2014 Jul 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"not installing" does not describe much.

What other suggestions from this forum have you tried?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2014 Jul 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the exact same problem and posted a longer, more detailed question but have received no answer or help yet from any form of support or the community. I have done all the steps on the various Adobe "help" pages; uninstalled the old version; deleted all old Adobe Flash remnants/downloads; contacted Apple Customer Care twice and went through a battery of options, tests, trials to make sure it was nothing on my laptop or an Apple problem at all. Despite all these attempts in every way possible, nothing has worked, I have no Flash Player, and I cannot do things I need to--one for example, my language study on Rosetta Stone because it requires Flash Player. I am very open to help and would love to hear from an experienced, qualified person(s) who could give a real, practical and timely solution to this problem. And please, do not send me to a link to the forum or page of "solutions" as I have gone there many times, tried it all, and still no installation--just a generic error message and the suggestion to try again.

Hopeful for help~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope you don't mind me hijacking, but I've got exactly the same problem.

I'm using a mac pro with osx 10.9.4.

I've tried running the downloader, totally uninstalling, using the full installer a lll with no joy. I get to around 90% complete and get 'general installation error' (or something like that) with no error codes or anything useful - I'm tearing my hair out.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2014 Jul 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad its not just me! Hopefully we get some kind of response asap???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat,

Pretty much the same issues as others have described.

I think it was your link I tried from another answer you gave to find it did not go anywhere (link not found in Safari and even cut and pasted as well as clicking the hyperlink).

I've attempted to load from Adobe site and essentially while I can download the installer etc once I click the Adobe flash icon it commences the install only to cease at the 30% point before giving a message that install was not successful.

I have tried various suggestions including manually closing safari before any prompt to do so, have uninstallled previous version, restarted computer etc.

Any application (e.g. Facebook video, Smilebox etc) now recognises that Flash is not available and needs to be installed however as described this is not possible.

Seems it is a widespread problem and only since yesterday or the day before.

No assistance has been forthcoming as yet.

Stu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat,

Just found your post in another email that mentioned this link and it worked!!!

Thanks heaps....hopefully it will work for others??

Try http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player_osx. dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any other solutions?  Using the direct install link did NOT work for me.  Has me and my IT department stumped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FLASH OUT OF DATE as of yesterday

Now, it is quite a challenge.  Running OS X 10.9.4  

Download the installer -- and finally get to the 'RETRIEVING INSTALL" screen-- 0% just stays at 0%.  It never moves.

I even downloaded flash off the cloud site-- but not seeing any improvement.

Any help would be so appreciated!

THANKS SO MUCH!

nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS SO MUCH! This link worked great!  I'm up and running with the latest FLASH!

BTW, if you're an old Texas A&M Aggie, then, thanks much from an old Baylor Bear;))

Either way,  sure grateful for all the help to ALL!

nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2014 Jul 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nancy,

Not Texas but a University of Sydney (Australia) Agriculture graduate!

Hope you are still enjoying working in the ag industry...a little dry in patched over your way I think?

Glad the link worked for you, I'm far from a techo!

Cheers

Stu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2014 Jul 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No joy here - "Installation failed" at 16%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines