Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding blank lines in the Notes Tab

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2014 Jul 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to Presenter 10.

There is a huge difference in the formatting in the Notes Tab.

I really like the way Presenter 7.0 did it. Can I get this back? Or do I need to go back to Presenter 7.0?

The indentation of the paragraph is a "nice to have"

The blank lines are a "must have"

Thx!

Notes Pane Comparison.JPG

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 15, 2014 Jul 15, 2014

Hi,

This is a bug which got introduced in Presenter 8 and is still there in Presenter 10.

We will try to fix the bug in the coming release.

Thanks

Alpi Agarwal

Adobe Presenter Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried publishing as both a PPT and PPTX to see if that makes a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what you mean. If I do "SAVE AS" (in PowerPoint 2010) and save the file as a .ppt (instead of a .pptx), and then re-publish, I run into new problems. It does not appear to be creating all the files for me (It does not publish correctly).

When I was using Presenter 7.0 I was using PowerPoint 2010 (.pptx), and I am still using 2010 (.pptx) with Presenter 10 as well.

Anyway - this does not appear to be a good solution. Any other ideas?

Thx (I find it hard to believe that everybody is OK with the way the notes are formatted.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd, it shouldn't create a publishing issue to revert back to the old PPT format. Yes, I meant to do a save as and select the PPT format.

Presenter handles the PPT content differently than PPTX so I was hoping that could help in identifying what is causing this. I suspect that this is not being seen by everyone, thus why we haven't seen more complaints about it. I'll try to find some time to test and see if I can identify the issue and a solution. If anyone else has seen the issue, and has a solution, I'm sure they will chime in when they see your post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that would be a good start, if someone could verify that what I am seeing in Presenter 10 output is an anomaly.

I am trying to confirm two things.

1) (most important) That a blank line in the Notes field (in PowerPoint) becomes a blank line in the published output (Notes Tab).

2) That paragraph indentation (Notes Tab) is used in Presenter 10 (as seen in the screen capture at the start of this discussion).

Thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is a bug which got introduced in Presenter 8 and is still there in Presenter 10.

We will try to fix the bug in the coming release.

Thanks

Alpi Agarwal

Adobe Presenter Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2014 Jul 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I think I will go back to Presenter 7 for now. I will keep in touch on future releases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2015 Mar 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I have the same issue and bothers me a lot to be honest. I more or less solved it by editing the viewer.xml file and manually adding space in the notes. Not very elegant but at least the text now is more legible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2015 Jan 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't appear that there have been any updated versions for Presenter 10. Is it safe to assume this bug is still present?

This particular bug has a huge impact for me. Other team members are not experiencing this issue and it is impacting my ability to complete projects for my clients and contribute equally to my team Is there any recommended fix or work around?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2015 Jan 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emily,

We did not had any Presenter release after ver.10

We will address your issue in the upcoming release.

Thanks

Alpi Agarwal

Adobe Presenter EngineeringTeam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources