• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Every video streaming site (except youtube) freezes constantly and I cannot update flash

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2014 Jul 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem started randomly happening around two days ago.  I don't know what changed but the last time I tried to watch a stream on twitch.tv the player kept freezing even on the very lowest quality setting.  Everything worked just fine on a different computer and twitch works well on my PS4 (which is wireless no less) browser and the xbox app.  I also tried watching something in vimeo and it would play the video for a few seconds, skip to another video and repeat.  First thing I tried was deleting my cache and cookies etc. with the program ccleaner.  Second thing I tried was uninstalling and reinstalling flash player but when I try I always get "lost connection trying to reconnect" at around 40% into the download.  So the next thing I tried was using a different cat5 cable, using a different port on my router (again, everything else works fine) but no luck.  I've also tried downloading the flash installer from IE and Chrome  After that I tried doing a clean install of flash as instructed here

I've also tried doing the direct download link but it's still the same issue.

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player.exe

I am officially running out of things to try next.  If anyone could help I would much appreciate it.  I am running on Windows 7 64-bit and my browser of choice is Firefox.  Need any other info, please ask.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what's wrong with the direct download link you posted; when I download that installer, the download completes within less than 1 second.

Please try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Won't make a difference.  It has to be something on my end because my antivirus hasn't updated in two days.  Tried doing a manual update but it kept starting over near the end.  So I'm running a virus scan in safe mode and if that doesn't work then the internet port on my motherboard is probably going bad.  Still doesn't explain youtube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2014 Jul 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines