• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does anyone else run into Robohelp 11 hanging on startup?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2014 Jul 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried three installations.  I'm running RH 11 as Administrator, on Windows 7.  It hangs on the splash graphic, during "initializing user data".  It eventually does arrive at the workspace, it just takes quite a long time.  Maybe that's normal, I don't know Anyone else run into this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2014 Jul 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three attempts on one machine or one attempt on each of three machines?

What are you calling a long time?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three attempts on one machine.  Start-up time up to ten minutes, which is a bit nuts to me . I have to do the work, so I'll continue to wait it out, while working other applications.  Adobe Updater has fired three times for RH11 in the last week, so they are definitely working something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try uninstalling using Revo Uninstaller Free Version if this is a 32 bit version. I don't think there is a free edition of the 64 bit version. Then reinstall.

Was Rh was installed to C drive program files in the normal way?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2014 Jul 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try that.  Yes, I installed it in the default location(s).  Thanks, Peter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Is this still happening today? I ask because yesterday Adobe was having issues with their servers and many folks were experiencing issues with their creative cloud apps. So maybe RoboHelp was hanging while it tried to reach Adobe?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip, Rick.  It has been going on for a week or so.  I did try starting it up today, pre-VPN (which would have caused it to abort a try at the network), and it started right up.  I went in and deselected "Automatically Check for Updates" for the time being, to see if that improves things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2014 Jul 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So now it is OK?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp