• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFGrid Headers Invisible in IE until mouseover

Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My client uses CFGRID and IE a lot (yeah, I know) and I have been tasked to solve this problem.

When the grid first comes up in IE, the headers are invisible; mouse over them and they'll appear and stay on until you move on to a new table or refresh the screen.

Firefox and Chrome do not have this problem.

To make matters worse, my client has disabled the developer tools access in IE so I can't drill down to the CSS and look for a solution that way.

I am trying to find a cfgrid.onload solution, but apparently the documentation is sparse on the methods available in cfgrid (know where they are? Please enlighten me!)

I stumbled across .refresh() and updateHeaders() but I cannot find their proper syntax and just what the heck they're supposed to do.  I know, lame, but try RTFM when you can't find TFM!

My first try was to create and OnLoad this:

function IEReload() {

var grid = ColdFusion.Grid.getGridObject('mygridname');

grid.updateHeaders('mygridname');

grid.refresh('mygridname');

}

which does not work.

Ideas welcome!

Thanks,

RLS

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2014 Jan 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's odd. Let us assume you represent the headers by means of cfgridcolumn tags. Is there any change when you explicitly add the attribute display="true" to each cfgridcolumn tag?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 20, 2014 Jan 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No change. 😞

Show up just fine in FIreFox and Google, but not in IE.

(Sorry, I have two id's and my horrible memory makes me bounce back and forth between them)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no issue with Firefox or Chrome, just with Internet Explorer. So I would assume this is a browser quirk. My strategy would therefore be to first exhaust all possible browser solutions before proceeding to change the code. One possible solution is to install the latest version of Internet Explorer, together with the relevant Windows updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2014 Jul 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem but it only happened if the CFGRID was nested inside of a html table.  I replaced the tables with divs and it seemed to work after that.  I have noticed that I am not having that problem at all with IE10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation