• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cutting and pasting tables from one project to another

Contributor ,
Jul 16, 2007 Jul 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When cutting and pasting existing tables from one project to another, the line weights for the cell borders seem to vary at random - some are the original line weight and some are heavier when pasted.

I've tried sorting things out with the table properties dialogue, but to no effect.

Is there a quick fix, or am I better importing in whole topics and then editing the imported topic?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jul 16, 2007 Jul 16, 2007
Hi Colum/Peter,

It's not a custom table, I just need to copy an existing table from one project to another.

My blasted developers (may the fleas of a thousand camels, etc), just decided to change the toolbars in one of our applications. As this toolbar appears in slightly different guises in about 6 tabs, I was trying to update the table that shows what icon does what and cut and paste that table into all the sub projects I have. Each table then only needs a minor edit for a few icons specific...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phil. Have you tried adding your own custom tables to the RH gallery. This is described in Rick Stones tips 'n tricks file. it gets around the problem by always having your own standard tables that you can import into projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum/Peter,

It's not a custom table, I just need to copy an existing table from one project to another.

My blasted developers (may the fleas of a thousand camels, etc), just decided to change the toolbars in one of our applications. As this toolbar appears in slightly different guises in about 6 tabs, I was trying to update the table that shows what icon does what and cut and paste that table into all the sub projects I have. Each table then only needs a minor edit for a few icons specific to that sub-project.

Peter's on the right track. When I cut and pasted the table it also pasted in a number of lines of HTML associated with the styles in the other project. If I delete those lines, the table then appears as it should.

Thanks for prompt response

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum's suggestion is certainly good for any new tables but I am guessing moving the content of each cell into a new table might be a daunting task.

The code for a table should work the same way in any topic as the styles are inline. I would look at two things. First after you have pasted the code in, closed the topic and reopened so that RH has finished its so helpful rewriting, compare it with the source topic. If there is no difference, then look near the top of your topic to see if there are any embedded styles there. Styles can be applied at three levels, CSS, embedded and in line. The style nearest the text takes priority so if the table code is the same, that's the next place to look.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Phil. Been there myself just last week. Deadline of Friday. Worked my guts off. Met deadline. Then discovered new build with interface changes. On enquiring I discovered the deadline had slipped which allowed them to add additional changes. Arrrgh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp