Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MacBook Air, Installer sticks on "Retrieving Install"

Jul 03, 2014 Jul 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a MacBook Air 13-inch, mid-2012 running Mac OS 10.9.4, and I am completely unable to install Flash Player after trying an Uninstall, system software reinstall, etc.

I saw that there was a fix for an earlier version of Mac OS, 10.8 or so, on a MacBook Air, and I tried executing the recommended Terminal commands and installing the Apple-provided supplementary system update, but this system update will not install on a system version later than 10.8. Is there a newer version of this update for people like me?

I have tried everything on all your help pages multiple times, including going to the page which is supposed to contain a direct download of Flash Player itself, but all it has is a stand-alone SWF player app, SWF debugger, etc., for programmers, as far as I can see.

Please advise, Adobe.

The screen I get is as follows:

Screen Shot 2014-07-04 at 2.27.10 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 04, 2014 Jul 04, 2014

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jul 03, 2014 Jul 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: if left running long enough, the Installer will eventually return the following error:

Screen Shot 2014-07-04 at 3.54.02 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2014 Jul 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2014 Jul 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

offline installer did not work for me.  Anyone else still having issues?  Gets to about 78% and then gives me a general installation error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines