Exit

RoboHelp 10: Imported Topics Not Showing Up in Project View

Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2014 Jul 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Here is my issue:

1) I import files via the project view (right click > Import > Select HTML files).

2) Files are "imported", including related images.

3) Although the folders in which the images are located are imported and shown in the project, the HTML file is missing from the project list.

4) When I attempt to re-import, the system complains that the file already exists in the project.

I've attempted to delete the CPD file and reboot. No luck. The files still don't show up. When I create a page in the TOC and manually write the file name, the page shows up.

NOTE: The pages all have a .html file extension (as opposed to .htm). This hasn't been an issue with other pages, however, which have .html extensions but still show up in the project view.

TIA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2014 Jul 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the file present in your output?

Can you try my Missing Topics Fixer script? (Missing topics fixer) Perhaps that one solves the issue.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2014 Jul 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link. Tried it, but unfortunately when I ran it (and deleted the CPD file, as instructed), all the HTML pages were removed from the project view. (Good thing for backups.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's unexpected. The script recreates the RH *.fpj files to add missing topics to your project. Not delete them. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Good thing you made a backup.

Would it be possible for you to share this project with me? I would like to debug the script with your project to see what is going on. You can contact me at contact [at] wvanweelden [dot] eu.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've contacted you via email. Thank you for your assistance. Truly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp