New Here ,
Jul 11, 2014 Jul 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating Flash Player on a Mac.

Here is what I see:

Screen Shot 2014-07-11 at 4.56.42 PM.png

Clearly I am operating on 10.8.5

Yet the installer says I am trying to install on a disk with <10.6?

Am I missing something?

c'mon Adobe.

What is the deal?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2014 Jul 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2014 Jul 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah.

Nice try.

That didn't work.

Adobe, I have been a die-hard proponent of your series of Creative Suite products for the last 4 years. I taught hundreds of students the basics of video editing and certified 70 of them in the process over a three-year period.

This is absolute garbage.

My web-browsing capabilities are limited because of a system issue with FLASH!?!?!?!

Steve Jobs was right! Flash is a joke! Why, in this day and age, are we still using this crap!?

Hackers can have a field day with your .SWF code.

Ever since this issue came to light last week, I haven't been able to get the update!

WTF ADOBE!?!?!?

How in the **** does Flash not recognize the version of OSX I am using on a nearly brand new machine!

Mac didn't even install OSX 10.6 on the 2012 series iMac! Are you out of your ****ing minds!?!?!?

FIX THIS!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

Why do we pay you a monthly service fee when your support is done solely on the user forums!?!?!?!?!?

And one of the most widely used products (FLASH) in your lineup gets no tech support at all!?!?!?!?!

I have half a mind to renege on our CC contract and make our editors go back to using the newly-revised edition of Final Cut X. At least Apple follows up with a live person to resolve technical support issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2014 Jul 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found the solution here and here.

Thanks for nothing Adobe.

Thanks a million Chris Campbell and Mike M (Cowboy Mike)! You guys rock! I didn't even have to talk to you. Just reading your highly informative posts saved my bacon!

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines