Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Frame Options. Room for Side Heads added without warning

Engaged ,
Jul 18, 2014 Jul 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

I just got asked this and have no clue how to help. Anyone know what this is?

Every now and then, my Frame file will –apparently on its own – reset most of its text frames into having room for side heads.  Makes for lots of bad labels on graphics – everything’s suddenly offset and scrolling off the bottom.

This will happen suddenly.  It will usually be only one or two chapters in a book, but if I ignore it has been known spread like the black death throughout the book.

The only solution I’ve found so far has been to revert to a backup or touch each text frame individually.  Setting properties for two at a time messes up location on the page.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kirsten,

Which version of FM is being used? There have been other reports on the Forum of this happening.

Does this happen spontaneously while the file is being worked on or after it's been saved and re-opened in another session?

Is this for the main flow text frames or for caption/call out text frames within anchored frames (or both)?

Have any formats or MIF files been imported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI - I'll write back and ask the other questions. She just sent me her version and OS

FM11 v11.0.2.384, Windows 7

I'll post her replies as soon as I hear back.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI -

Here's what I heard back.

I believe it’s for everything except main text flow, including headers&footers on master pages, and special elements on unused master pages.

It appears to be spontaneous, but I can’t guarantee that.

I don’t use MIFs, and I’m pretty sure no one else does.

Yes to formatting imports , because we frequently change variables in one chapter and copy them back to the rest (esp date doc was last edited – not same as print date per our regulatory agency.)   Likewise conditional text.  We know not to copy from a file into itself in a book, although it has happened and we do exchange manuals between revisions at times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines